Share

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Bean Sprout Jiggles!

I started feeling bubble-bursting-like movements when I was in my 12th week. But because gynae told me I would probably only be able to feel movements in my 6th month, I dismissed them as gas.

Weeks after that, the movements began to stand out from normal gassy movements. Gas was usually accompanied by farting soon after. But the other movements were not. So okkkkk... maybe this was it!!!

It wasn't till my 16th week that I was quite certain these movements were baby movements!! We were EXCITED!! But movements weren't frequent. So it was like receiving a golden nugget everytime we felt the kicks/prods.

Week 19 onwards, I've been feeling movements everyday. And as the internet suggests, based on this movements, parents are able to monitor baby's waking and sleeping patterns. So here's what I've managed to gather about Bean Sprout thus far:

  1. Week 19-20 Waking time 7pm - Lots of kicks after my dinner time
  2. Week 21 Waking time around 11am and 8-ish pm. Baby starts to prod/kick me when I have a full bladder. We both found this amusing. We postulate that it's 1. baby finding a new toy (kinda like a punching bag) 2. baby doesn't like how the bladder pushes against him/her so he/she pushes/kicks back, and possibly has learned that pushing/kicking back causes mommy to run to the toilet, which then decreases the size of the annoying bladder.
  3. Week 22 (this week) Waking time around 10.30 - 11.30, 12.30-1.30, 5.30-6pm, and 9pm - 11pm.

It's just so amazing being able to feel these kicks. And they've been increasing in intensity!! Last night, I got a big one, and it hurt a little. Kind of like if someone nudges you hard in the abdomen. Justin is now a very very proud daddy-to-be. He especially loves interacting with baby by prodding him/her back when he/she kicks. =)

But since 2 days ago, we've noticed a new phenomenon. It's as though baby knows who's boss or is trying to play hide and seek with daddy. Baby will be kicking non stop, but once Justin places his hand on the bump, baby will stop instantaneously, and only resume kicking once daddy's hand is lifted. But continues to kick even when my hand is on the bump. Hehehehe. Justin likes the idea that baby knows who's boss. Hehehehe.

Baby movements or jiggles is the best part of pregnancy so far!!!

0 burps:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Grace-filled journey | Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Free PSD Design by Amuki