Share

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fetal Movements

Fetal movements - as a mother on a forum said, there's nothing more reassuring that a good strong poke! I sincerely agree. On days I go around like a crazed maniac paying attention to my bump for the slightest flutter. On other days, I sit delightfully as Bean Sprout punches and kicks inside me. But as to the frequency of the kicks, I've been noticing that this babe is really interesting. While internet sites say that by week 25-28, the baby's "timetable" should be well established. By that, it means that certain babies are morning ones, certain ones are night ones, certain ones move about alot after meals, etc. So like an inexperienced, super kan-chiong mother, I wait and observed attentively for the slightest pattern in movements to find my baby's timetable. But I guess it hasn't been working. =/ See... this babe is very unique (like every other babe), it's sort of like a week by week basis pattern. I've noticed for the past month or so, there will be a week where there's LOTS of disco dancing, prodding, and punching. Then the next week, a decrease in movement. I can try laying on my side, drinking sweet drinks, but nope, minimal movements! And that's been driving me crazyyyy!!

Book that I've been reading discredit counting fetal movements. Thank God they do! If not, I would be again, rushing to the gynae everytime I've not felt baby movements for 12 hours. =/ Today was one of those days where baby movements are low. There are a few reasons why (internet research): 1. mom's been active, hence rocking baby to sleep 2. baby's low on energy 3. baby just doesn't feel like moving (yeap, they have moods too!) 3. fetal position 4. anterior placenta.

Justin had to calm me down again today. And as far as he's concerned, as long as baby does wiggle a little throughout the day, she's perfectly fine! So oh well... worrying is really not good for me and baby. So, I've finally settled down, and lo and behold, she gave me a few good strong kicks. =D I guess I'm a happy mommy again!! hehehehe

0 burps:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Grace-filled journey | Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Free PSD Design by Amuki