Share

Friday, November 27, 2009

My Pill phobia

S0 I've been taking folic acid pills everyday since we started planning to have kids. This pill is a breeze to swallow because I hardly even feel its in my mouth, one gulp and it's down.

Then when I got pregnant, I started taking Progesterone pills, now they were much bigger, but the soft capsule type, so they were easy to swallow too.

Now... as I entered my 2nd trimester, gynae prescribed me prenatal supplements - Obimin, and calcium ones too... These pills....... these pills!!!!!!!!!!! I gag almost every time I swallow them. Thank God nausea is much lesser now.... If I had taken these pills in the first trimester, it would have been horrible.

I can't swallow pills very well... especially HUGE ones.. and believe me, these are HUGE for my humble swallowing ability. I just finished my once a day gagging ritual with darling hubby by my side, coaching me in the 'ways of pill swallowing'. He is an expert I tell you. But his techniques didn't quite work for me... =(

Here's a shot of the 2 pills....

The dark red one is a semi soft capsule kinda thing... so I can't half that... but I found it went down easier when I bit it in the center just to dent it into a V shape. =D

Now the yellow one is the killer.. it's HARD and THICK!!!! GRRRRRrr. So I split it into 2 with my pill splitter!! =D I really would like to split it into 4... but I'm a bit weary if that would affect anything... Some pills have a no-crushing-or-splitting-allowed policy, but I read the info sheet and nothing was mentioned, so to achieve some sort of balance between lesser gagging and weariness towards splitting the pill, I decided to half it instead of quartering it. Makes sense? Probably not.. but it sure helps with the swallowing.

Now I dread swallowing these pills... every night after dinner.... =(

But Justin reminds me every time, it's for the baby! Think of the baby!! Yes dear... I am.

I hope to finish this 30 day course, and then ask the gynae for a different brand.... actually... a smaller pill... Ohhh Lord help me!!

0 burps:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Grace-filled journey | Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Free PSD Design by Amuki