Share

Friday, February 4, 2011

Constipation battle part II

I'm sitting here, typing with my heart broken into many tiny pieces.

Tonight, I watched helplessly as my baby cried with tears and pushed with all her might until her fists shook trying to poo.

I watched as the poo surfaced, only to be sucked back in, just like childbirth. With each push she cried even louder. She was in pain. My baby was in so much pain and there was nothing we could do to stop it.

I tried lubricating my finger to help dig some out, but it was just too hard. Only little bits came out.

I couldn't look at her because that drove me to tears, and I knew I had to be calm cause that was the only way I could help. So we started singing her favorite songs, trying to make her feel better. But it only worked to ease the surface tension. She was still in pain.

We had tried everything, short of an enema and a visit to the docs cause it's CNY and all the paeds we normally go to are closed.

Pear, prune juice, taking her off all food but breastmilk and pear. Prayer and more prayer. We've tried it, and it hasn't worked. She's not dehydrated because she's been wetting her diapers like crazy since the juice and water.

I am lost. I have never felt this helpless before. All I know is that I have this huge ache in my heart now and I can't speak, I can't sleep, all I can do to ease the tension is to type.

My hope is in the Lord. His love and mercies are abundant and abounding... Lord may healing come soon...

3 burps:

mellomouse said...

Omg this is an awful start of a new year *sobs* Poor Alyssa *hugs*

Try giving puree prunes? How about steam banana?

Be careful when putting your finger into Alyssa's anus as the tissues are very delicate and easily torn. Sounds painful *winced* Did you use a glove?

Hopefully she recovers soon from this horrid episode. It's painful for us adults, can't imagine her ordeal as a baby :(

Sher Sher said...

Hi Mello,

We consulted the paed and things worked out after 2 more days of agony for poor Aly.

Thank God it's all done now. I just hope and pray that this won't happen again! Lotssssssss and lotss of vege added into her diet now. Will be pureeing prunes soon! Does steamed banana help? cause the raw ones I gave made her more constipated.

mellomouse said...

Good to read that everything is a-ok at home. When our babies suffer, we suffer twice ya.

Basically banana helps form the poo and makes it more solid. But it shouldn't make it hard hard.

Steaming makes it takes sweeter. Goes great with Nutella toast for us! :)

How's the Easiyo?

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Grace-filled journey | Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Free PSD Design by Amuki