Share

Monday, June 21, 2010

Mommy Diaries Entry 2

I'm almost through the day alone with Alyssa!

Confinement is done, mom is gone, and I'm left alone with Alyssa. I think we did quite well today! =D

Short short updates:
Confinement - I actually enjoyed my confinement. The food was awesome actually =D But towards the last week, I decided I shall stay away from ginger and sesame oil for a while. Credits to my mom and mother in law for cooking up a storm of wonderfully delicious food breakfast, lunch, and dinner! Oooo the only part of confinement I absolutely disliked was the "not being allowed to bathe" part. Which I only adhered to for the first 6 days.. yes... 6 days of no bath!! Yuck!

Baby's milestones - My girl's neck is VERY STRONG. She could lift her neck on her own at day 4! And now, (1 month) she can lift her head and back (sometimes aided by her legs to kick up on me) for a good 1 min! Amazing right?? I'm so proud! She is very inquisitive (from her daddy). She loves loves loves to just observe. Many times the best way to sooth her is to take her around and show her new things, especially new faces. She was so amazed and glued to the many many new faces she saw yesterday!

She is a VERY noisy sleeper. Lots of grunts, snorts, yelps.. you name it... she does it in her sleep!! Gosh, this started in her 2nd week and Justin and I were so worried we stayed up all night just checking on her.. only to read from the net that it's perfectly normal =/

Her night time feeds are... well.. not so routine yet.. at times she wakes every 2 hours for feeds, at times (like last night) she wakes only once at 3am, and then again at 7am... so that's real great! But I still wake every 2 hours to express milk. =/

Hm.. I think these are all the important updates. Don't really have time to really blog though. To the joys of parenthood (I am not sarcastic here) =)

0 burps:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Grace-filled journey | Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Free PSD Design by Amuki