Share

Monday, May 17, 2010

"Final" day off

Yeap, I have the day off today, following the Saturday Homeschool Sports Day.

Realised that this is the very last day off I'll have.. ALL to myself for a while. Reason being: our daughter's going to be delivered this Thursday =)

The story is such: We went for our routine checkup last Wednesday where I was hooked up to a CTG to monitor baby's heartbeat as well as uterine contractions. After 40 minutes of staring at the ceiling and occasionally falling asleep, the verdict was this - baby's heartbeat is happy and healthy, and mommy's uterus is indeed contracting. The gynae then proceeded to explain that my contractions were strong. To illustrate how strong, she added that if I were a 2nd time mommy, these contractions would signal that I'm at least 2-3cm dilated. Yeap.

Now the "problem" was this... baby was still breech - head up, feet below. And in her experience, once contractions like that start it will be not more than 2 weeks and real labor will start. She couldn't have that happen because if labor should start and baby's legs or umbilical cord drop out first.. it will be life threatening to the baby. So in short, she scheduled me for a C-section this Thursday 20th May 2010.

It took me a few days to fully digest this. In my mind, I had 3 weeks more to prepare for her arrival... all of a sudden, that was knocked down to 8 days! Also I was worried that she'd only be 37weeks and 5 days on the day of the C-sect, but doc said that she was a good size and there was nothing to worry about.. Her estimated fetal weight = 3.1kg.

I guess the biggest thing for me is that I felt somewhat incompetent... somewhat as though I'm not able to perform one of nature's most natural functions. =/ That's a story for another day.

It's been a few days since, and many people have been telling me that they feel strongly that our girl's going to turn at the last minute and I won't need a C-sect!!! I say, keep praying and keep believing!! That's what we're doing now, we're going to be admitted as planned, and pray that when they do the final scan, she'll be right side up =)

Keep us in prayers will you? =)

0 burps:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Grace-filled journey | Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Free PSD Design by Amuki